|Platform||Rome: Total War|
|Mod Type||Total Conversion|
|Mod Leader||DARTH VADER|
|Forum / Thread||Here|
Created by DARTH VADER with little help it aims to create a mod concerned with able tactical mad AI. DarthMod is a unique double modification for both RTW-BI. That means if you own both Rome:Total War and its expansion Barbarian Invasion, you get the chance to play 2 full modifications for them which enhance them very much in terms of gameplay and graphics.
- 1 History
- 2 Description
- 3 Features
- 4 The Team
- 5 Visual Material
- 6 External Links
DarthMod 8.1 was released in this thread on September 22, 2006. The latest version (v9.0.1) was released on November 19, 2012.
The mod is a complete overhaul for the vanilla Rome: Total War. It provides an enhanced AI -including unique formations for the enemy to use-, new maps and campaigns, new graphics and features, new historical battles and other changes.
You can play as the following factions:
Rome Total War
House of Julii, House of Brutii, House of Scipii
Gauls, Germans, Britons, Spain, Dacia
Greeks, Macedonians, Kingdom of Pontus
Egyptians, Numidia, Carthage
Armenia, Parthia, Scythia, Thrace, Seleucids
Eastern Roman Empire, Western Roman Empire
Huns,Goths, Sarmatians, Vandals, Frankish Tribes, Saxons, Celts, Sassanid Empire, Rhoxolani, Burgundii, Berbers, Allemanni Tribes, Lombardi
- The CAI has been enhanced, and now uses custom formations.
- The fatigue system has been changed and balanced. Now units won't tire as fast.
- Elephant units have been balanced to make them less powerful.
- More realistic unit battle movement speed.
- The mass system is greatly enhanced and reflects better the violence/tension/ferocity of the hellenistic era melees.
- The balance of some units have been changed: Romans now have more morale and critical hit ability, Macedon’s cavalry is more powerful,...
- Peasants removed from recruiting queue.
- The Indian female archers are removed.