Medieval II: Total War Portal
Welcome to Medieval II: Total War on the TWC Wiki
Kingdoms Releases & Updates
- Rise of Three Kingdoms - v2.1 - 8/18 update
- Total Vanilla Beyond v3.0 Release - final version - 6/18 update
- Unit Card Mod for Call of Warhammer - 7/18 update
- Warcraft: Total War: Public Beta v1.1 - 5/18 update
- Battle for Rome (A submod for Ancient-Conquest) - 4/18 new release
- Westeros Total War v1.0 Public BETA - 3/18 new release
- Installation video - Europa Barbarorum II 2.3
- Installation video - Stainless Steel 6.4 and SSHIP
M2TW Releases & Updates
M2TW Modding Spotlight
Hispania in the Middle Ages won the favourite modification category for Medieval II in the TWC 2017 modding awards!
Hispania in the Middle Ages is set on the Iberian peninsula in the Middle Ages, the mod includes five campaigns centred around different dates and events. The factions vary with each campaign with a total of 24 factions across the 5 campaigns. The map includes the Iberian peninsula and parts of North Africa and Southern France. The mod includes new unit textures, special units for some factions, real historical characters and much more.
- Read more and download the mod here
Other Popular Mods:
Third Age: Total War is a total-conversion mod. It brings you directly into the world of Middle Earth where you can choose from different races such as Men, Dwarves, Elves and Orcs.
Europa Barbarorum II is a revised and extended version of its popular predecessor RTW mod Europa Barbarorum.
SSHIP is a submod for Stainless Steel 6.4 that aims to improve the game from a historical accuracy perspective.
Hyrule:Total War is a fantasy mod that transports the player to Hyrule, the home world of the Legend of Zelda.
M2TW Modding Information
Categories on the Wiki
- Modding in general
- Modding Medieval II: Total War
- Modding Tutorials for Medieval II: Total War
- Modding Tools for Medieval II: Total War
- M2TW Campaign Map Modding
Recent/Important Modding Information
- Enabling traits and ancillaries to use region label instead of region ID Tool and tutorial - NEW RELEASE Aug 2018
- Custom settlements problem in Linux A discussion on how to fix the Linux custom settlements bug.
- Projectile release point changer A tool on how to change the projectile's release point when the bowmen are on the walls.
- List of non functional script terms An updated resource on non-functional script terms.
- Geomod A resource to start modding on a bare but fully functional mod of your own.
- How to create a new accent A tutorial on how to add a new accent to the game.
- Starting Steam Mods the easy way A tutorial with all the ways to start mods via Steam.
M2TW Community on TWC
- Share Your Tricks, Strategies and Ideas A general catch-all repository of tricks and strategies.
- How to Build a Stable Economy
- Video Overview of the Anatolian Principalities mod by The Wise Coffin
- A Retrospective on Ten Years of Success - Eagle Standard article.