Scotland (ETW Faction)
|Scotland (ETW Faction)|
|From Game:||Empire: Total War|
Scotland is an unplayable minor emergent faction in Empire: Total War.
The Scottish faction may appear should a rebellion in the Scotland region occur and successfully take Edinburgh. In the beginning of the campaign, the region is owned by Great Britain, which is not historically accurate. Historically, Scotland joined England in a union on the 1st of May, 1707. Scotland also had a colonial possession in the Americas, the Panama region.
The Scottish unit roster does not deviate much from that of most minor European nations. However, as it can only be recruited in the Scotland region, Scotland has access to the elite Black Watch unit which is usually only available to Great Britain. Scotland is the only faction that can train Clansmen, making it one of the few minor factions with unique units.
Scotland does not exist at the beginning of the grand campaign but the following regions can spawn the Scottish faction should a rebellion be successful:
Edinburgh, Scotland in 1700
- Starting Building – Governor's Residence, Army Encampment, Settlement Fortifications
- Infrastructure - Basic Roads
- Population – 831,761
- Wealth – 2330
- Religion – Protestantism 70.0%, Catholicism 30.0%
- Starting Towns/Ports – Speyside Farmland (No Building), Glasgow (Trading Port)
- Later Villages/Ports – Iverness (Port), Dundee (Village)
Please see TWC Wiki:Help for information on how to edit the Wiki.