Total War: Rome II - Modding Index
Tutorials, resources and tools for modding [[Total War: Rome 2]:
The below listing provides links to tutorials, useful answers to common modding questions, resources and tools, divided by category.
When adding items please keep to existing format with the type of article first;
- Tutorial = extensive tutorial, step by step how to mod something etc.
- Answer = short piece on minor topic or answer to frequently asked question.
- Resource = lists of things that work in-game, docudemons, templates, downloads of helpful starting set-ups etc.
- Tool = modding tools, for extracting, modifying, verifying, re-packing etc.
General Set-Up Information
- Tutorial - Assembly Kit Guide by .Mitch.
- Tutorial - Warscape Modding Primer by daniu
- Tutorial - Modding Guide for Novices by Hetairos
- Resource - Modding Q&A's by Actus Reus
- Resource - Modder's ID Registry (to avoid compatibility issues; please read) by husserlTW
- Resource - Lua game functions list by .Mitch.
- Tool - Mod Manager by .Mitch.
- Tutorial - How to bring an external model into Rome 2 Part 1: Set Up and Helmet by warman222
- Tutorial - Hoplite Shield Pattern tutorial by Gyrosmeister
- Tutorial - Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how! by Epic28
- Resource - Victory Conditions by Fluke
Traits and Ancillaries
- Tool - SaveParser - Editor for Total War savegames - v188.8.131.52 by Roninx2807
- Tool - EditSF 1.1 - Added Array Editing by daniu
- Tutorial - Using ESFviaXML to Unpack Startpos and Save Games into Text Files by Dresden