Talk:Rome: Total War Mods
The era column works by having a hidden number from 00 to 99 which represents approx point in time line - that is element that is sorted not the era description, eg.
It's set up like this:
- 5 = Pre-History to 5000 B.C.
- 10 = 4999 B.C. to 1000 B.C.
- 15 = 999 B.C. to 500 B.C.
- 20 = 499 B.C. to 1 B.C.
- 25 = 1 A.D. to 250 A.D.
- 30 = 251 A.D. to 500 A.D.
- 35 = 501 A.D. to 750 A.D.
- 40 = 751 A.D. to 1000 A.D.
- 45 = 1001 A.D. to 1250 A.D.
- 50 = 1250 A.D. to 1500 A.D.
- 55 = 1500 A.D. to 1600 A.D.
- 60 = 1600 A.D. to 1700 A.D.
- 65 = 1700 A.D. to 1800 A.D.
- 70 = 1800 A.D. to 1900 A.D.
- 75 = 1900 A.D. to Present
- 80 = Present to Future
- 85 = Fantasy - Trademark Series
- 90 = Fantasy - Mythological/Traditional
- 95 = Fantasy - Sci-Fi/Apocalyptic
- 100 = Other
Need to work out way of including and defining sub-mods and add-ons, eg mini-mods for RTR or IBFD (could be included in platform information?) and things like Skymod that can be applied as add on to most mods... ideas?
Also the campaign map column could be improved - to differentiate mods running on vanilla map - other commonly used ones MM WarMap etc, or covering totally new area. Icon idea seems to work OK (thanks Palantir) so something similar could be used? --Makanyane 13:00, 27 May 2007 (CDT)
Added area for Minor Mods, if anyone thinks this needs to be differentiated even more, preferably let me know on the thread rather than here, because I don't check the Discussion page very often. --Augustus Lucifer 03:42, 01 Sep 2008 (PST)
For sub-mods, it may be worth adding a new table, if there are enough to warrant it. On a separate note, what sorts of mods should go in the "minor mods" section? It says non-hosted mods, but that is quite a bit. Anyway, wouldn't it be better to name it "non-hosted mods" than "minor mods"? --CaesarVincens 13:09, 12 February 2010 (PST)
- The hosted bit shouldn't really be the decider, e.g. the LotR mod for Alex is definitely a major mod, but is only hosted on its own site, not on TWC or Org. Major conversion versus add-on might be clearer distinction....? Makanyane 14:58, 12 February 2010 (MST)
- That sounds good to me. CaesarVincens 12:34, 13 February 2010 (MST)
I agree - mods are mods regardless of where they are hosted. The wiki should not be biased toward TWC mods. Masterofnone
Lists of required alterations / additions
If you have difficulty working on table please list things that need changing here: