Total War: Rome II Portal
Welcome to Total War: Rome II on the TWC Wiki
Total War: Rome II is the eighth game in the esteemed and critically acclaimed Total War Series. Developed by the Creative Assembly, the Total War Series brings together elements of real time strategy and turn based game play.
Rome II Game Information
Rome 2 Total War, like its predecessor, is set in Classical Antiquity. The campaign allows the player to take control of the Roman Republic and, if they choose, transform it into an empire.
The game has a larger campaign map than Rome: Total War, and apart from encompassing the extent of the Roman Empire and its environs, features new territories stretching further to the eastern edge of the map.
Overview and Features
Rome II Modding Spotlight
Haegemonia - Version 1.0
Haegemonia is an historic/realistic modification from the French modding community aiming to overhaul many aspects of Rome II. Version 1.0 has finally been released after over 3 years of hard development, the mod is available in English and French versions. The mod includes; fully reworked factions, including new models, textures, & animations; new scripted events e.g. Samnite Revolts; battle experience and moral overhaul; new culture-specific interfaces and much more...
Read more about Haegemonia in the TWC thread.
Divide et Impera (DeI)
Divide et Impera is a total overhaul of Rome II that seeks to provide a challenging, historically accurate, realistic experience of the ancient world and warfare. Visit the TWC forum here. An open beta of version 1.2 of the mod is now available (on TWC only) download it here. Version 1.2 adds a new population system, new playable factions, unit cards and roster overhauls, a completely re-vamped grand campaign and much more...
Rome II Community on TWC
Strategies and Tactics
- A Tactical Companion for Rome II pdf booklet by Atlas5515
- Rome vs Carthage multiplayer 1v1 video by Artorius798 (French commentary)
Publications & Media
- The Eagle Standard - TWC's TW game and modding publication
- The Hub - Home of TWC's multimedia content
Rome II Modifications
Releases & Updates
- Unit cards for Rome 2 and all DLC´s - 10/18 update
- Egyptian Scythed Chariots - 10/18 release
- The Last Stand of Greece (Wrath of Sparta overhaul) - 9/18 update
- Putting Etruscan chariots back in charge... (RotR unit mod) - 9/18 release
- Socii - Unit and Reskin Mod - 9/18 update
- Real Experience Mod (REM) - 8/18 update
- Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Rome - 8/18 update
- Alii Colores Romae Totus for Empire Divided - 8/18 update
- No More Battle Voice Acting - 6/18 new release
- AAA Generals (Rome) - Aging, Advancing, Acclimatising - 6/18 new release
- Divide et Impera v1.2.3 public beta release - 6/18 update
Help the TWC Wiki
The Wiki Team's priority for Rome II is to make and update pages with details of the released modifications. Please feel free to make a page about your own mod or contact the Wiki Director and/or Join the TWC Wiki Team! if you'd like to help with the team effort.
Rome II: Wanted Pages
Rome II Modding Information
- Visit the Rome II Workshop here on TWC!
- Official CA modding tips and tutorials
- Tools, Tutorials and Resources on TWC
Recent/Important Modding Information
- Model Resource Packs Tunic by Stealth4Health