Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia
Welcome to Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia on the TWC Wiki
The game was released on 3 May, 2018 for Microsoft Windows and for MacOS and Linux on 24 May 2018. The Total War Saga games are intended to be standalone spin-off titles which concentrate on short pivotal moments in history occurring in limited geographic areas.
Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia has the same structure of real-time battles and a turn-based campaign as the major releases in the Total War Series but is concentrated around one critical flashpoint in history. As described by CA:
- "The year is 878 AD, the embattled English king Alfred the Great has mounted a heroic defence at the battle of Edington, and blunted the Viking invasion. Chastened – but not yet broken – the Norse warlords have settled across Britain. For the first time in nearly 80 years, the land is in a fragile state of peace.
- Throughout this sceptred isle, the kings of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales sense a time of change approaching; a time of opportunity. There will be treaties. There will be war. There will be turns of fortune that become the stuff of legend, in a saga that charts the ascent of one of history’s greatest nations.
- Kings will rise. One will rule."
Thrones of Britannia is set in the British Isles starting in 878 AD. The game uses the same 32-bit engine as Total War: Attila.
Reviews and Media
- Table of Thrones of Britannia Mods
- Discuss Thrones of Britannia and view Modifications on TWC here
- Quick Performance Tips by ♔Greek Strategos♔