|Platform||Napoleon: Total War|
|Mod Type||Total Conversion|
|Era||Napoleonic Era, 19th Century|
|Mod Leader||DARTH VADER|
|Forum / Thread||Hosted Forums on TWC|
DarthMod Napoleon (DMN) is a standalone modification for Napoleon: Total War, which aims to bring the gameplay experience to a whole new level. Created by modders DARTH VADER & husserlTW, DMN is a modification, that features vast amounts of gameplay tweaks, graphical tweaks, new units, new playable factions & AI fixes.
Following the release of previous DarthMod titles, DMN was released at the end of 2011 & got its own forum at the start of 2012 in January.
DMN is a modification intended to enhance the experience of playing NTW. This is done by focusing on gameplay, graphical & AI problems in the vanilla version of NTW, which are then rooted out, fixed & further enhanced. DMN features all of these & numerous other enhancements in one package to make a simple & clean install.
Some submods included with DMN are:
- Fire By Rank
- Ultimate SoundMod
- Pdguru's Mods
- Unit Pack Compatibility Project
- 40 Units per Army
- Larger Regimental Flags
DMN introduces a lot of new features & a bunch of older features as well, that have been further enhanced. The features in DMN have been categorized below:
- Realistic movement rates, acceleration and physics effects provide natural looking visuals.
- Melee fights have been made more cinematic & charging has been tweaked to be more powerful, especially for some cavalry units.
- Realistic musket fire based on unit's accuracy and weapon characteristics.
- Cannons have been tweaked to fire more realistic trajectories and longer ranges.
- Morale effects are more dynamic. Now, morale can affect the enemy AI's decisions on the battlefield.
- Fatigue has been made more realistic. Not only do units get tired quickly after running, they also recover faster.
- Various unit statistic changes.
- In-game battle formations aren't perfectly aligned, to create a more "realistic" look.
- Unit experience rises more quickly.
- Grenades have been removed.
Various changes to the AI in land battles
- Battalion type attacks.
- Attacks in full unison & flanks lethally.
- Light Infantry more dangerous.
- AI artillery as a single battery.
- Smart AI general.
- Better coordinated cavalry attacks.
- Unit formations have been tweaked.
- AI assaults and firing are timed better.
- AI siege and river battles have been improved.
- Ship statistics are now realistic.
- Naval morale is more dynamic (Surrender rather than fight to the death).
- Ships don't blow up as frequently.
- Cannons' solid shots do more damage to the crew and can deal lots of damage up close.
- Chains shots have been tweaked to have less range, but be more powerful.
- campaign AI has been improved significantly. (When to invade, defend & retreat etc...)
- AI focuses more on quality armies.
- AI bonuses per difficulty level have been removed.
- France is no longer as strong as in vanilla.
- Ships have more movement points.
- Traits increase more frequently.
- Diplomacy & allies are better.
- Government types are more diverse.
- Ministers have more bonuses.
New Playable Factions
- husserlTW's Napoleon Total Factions modification is included in DMN, which adds a lot more playable factions.
- DMN includes 142 new land units & 14 new naval units.
New Battle Effects
- Realistic smoke & visuals, blood & better explosions.
Full list of included features here.
These submods were specifically designed to work with DMN:
- Husserl's Starting Positions
- National Revolutions 1821 - 1848 for DarthMod Napoleon
- Submod Scotland Darthmod
- Ottoman Navy Sub-mod
- 16 L'Aigle Skins for DMN - Test
- French Old Guard in Greatcoat
- DARTH VADER (DarthMod Architect, AI and Gameplay Designer)
- husserlTW (Campaign Master, Launcher Designer and Artwork Maker)
- The Hedge Knight
- The Vicar
- Swiss Halberdier
- La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham
- Julle Cesar
Full credits here.