For the post count rank, see the FAQ
Generals are named characters whose potrait will appear when a settlement or army is chosen. They are members of the factions' ruling family. They will have traits (good and bad) as well as a retinue of ancillary characters.
- 1. Every general will have a bodyguard unit and its size will depend on the rank and experience of that general. The bodyguard type will depend on what faction, the game timeline and so on.
- 2. Generals bodyguard units that are lost in battle will gradually be replaced.
- 3. Generals who end a turn in a settlement will become the Governor. If there are two or more generals in a settlement, the one with the most management experience will rule.
- 4. The best general in a settlement will command the garrison in the event of a siege.
- 5. Should a governor leave a settlement he will again become a general.
- 6. Generals also have the ability to hire mercenaries.