Greek States (TWR2 Culture)
From TWC WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Greek States (TWR2 Culture)|
|From Game:||Total War: Rome II|
- Classical Heritage: +4 to cultural conversion
- Independence: +20% melee defence during battles in own or allied territory
- Centre of Culture: +20% all culture income
- Naval Prowess: +3 experience rank for Athenian ship recruits
- Guardians of Dodona: Public order bonus (maximum of +6) from presence of Hellenic culture
- Village Confederation: +20% wealth from minor settlements
- Great Traders: +20% trade income
- Local Dominance: Minor diplomatic bonus with all factions
- Helot Repression: -50% slave unhappiness
- Spartiate Warriors: +3 experience rank for Spartan infantry recruits
- Archimedes' Eureka: +20% research rate
- Flowering Culture: +20% wealth from culture
- Cultural Traits spread Greek Culture quicker and give units Melee Defence bonuses when defending their own or allies lands.
- Tend to start small, but with easy access to the Mediterranean allowing for expansion by land or sea. Establishing a strong homeland can be challenging given the presence of multiple major factions in the vicinity and existing wars and treaties.
- Rosters tend to be built around spear units (Hoplites/Pikes,) with Skirmisher and Cavalry support, but little in the way of sword armed melee units.
- Pre-established treaties can lead to early conflicts and shape the early game. Breaking them can be advantageous but also risky.
- The City states of Greece (and some of their colonies.)
- Famed as centres of culture, learning, politics and military prowess, but who now find themselves challenged by younger powers such as Macedon and Rome.
- The Greek style of warfare influenced many cultures across Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and Western Asia.