Rome: Total War Portal
Welcome to Rome: Total War and Total War: Rome Remastered Portal on the TWC Wiki
Total War: Rome - Remastered has been released, the revised game developed by Feral Interactive was launched on 29 April 2021. The Remastered game keeps the same features and style of game-play as the original but includes improved and optimised graphics. Remastered versions of Alexander and Barbarian Invasion are included in the new game.
For modding information see Total War: Rome Remastered - Modding
Rome: Total War is one of the early games in the Total War Series developed by the Creative Assembly.
The game was released in 2004 and is still popular with players and modders, it is now available on Steam as part of the Rome Remastered package. The game covers the period 270BC to AD 14 with a campaign that ranges across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.
RTW Releases & Updates
- Classical Age: Total War v1.2.4 - 9/18 update
- Rome Total War Randomiser - 9/18 update
- Equilibrium - 7/18 update
- Rise of Persia modfoldered version v2.2 - 3/17 update
Alex Releases & Updates
- ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod v4 - 9/18 update
- Rome: Total Realism 8 v4.0.2 - 7/18 update
- Europa Barbarorum v1.31c - 11/17 update
BI Releases & Updates
- The Dominion of Men 3.3 - The End of the Beginning - 5/18 update
- Amazon: Total War v8.3 & 8.4 - 3/17 update
RTW Modding Spotlight
Cantabrian Wars 0.3 won the favourite hosted mod category for Rome Total War in the TWC 2017 modding awards!
Created by the same author as the award winning Hispania in the Middle Ages for Medieval II, Cantabrian Wars is also set in Hispania and is based around the final stage of the Roman conquest in 29-19BC. The challenge of the campaign is to survive the Roman invasion. Version 0.3 released in April 2018 includes script improvements, re-balanced buildings and resources, and additional custom battle scenarios.
- Read more and download the mod here.
Europa Barbarorum won the favourite mod/submod category in the TWC 2017 Modding Awards for RTW. EB had a 2017 update to version 1.3c for both Alexander and RTW with changes to most aspects of the game. Work on version 1.32, which will include separate versions for Alexander and Barbarian Invasion, was announced in April 2018
- See the hosted forum here for more details
RTW & Remastered Modding Information
Categories on the Wiki
Remastered information is currently included in the RTW categories.
- Modding Rome: Total War
- Modding Tutorials for Rome: Total War
- Modding Tools for Rome: Total War
- RTW Campaign Map Modding
Recent/Important Modding Information
- Total War: Rome Remastered - Modding
- Starting an RTW mod by .bat
- EDU-matic Unit Balance Generation System
- The Complete EDU guide
RTW Community on TWC
Publications & Media