Total War: Warhammer - Modding Index
The below listing provides links to tutorials, useful answers to common modding questions, resources and tools, divided by category.
|You are welcome to edit this page, please read these notes for guidance:-|
|When adding subject areas please use this layout. |
When adding items please keep to existing format with the type of article first;
If you remove a link because an item is superseded, shown not to work, etc. please copy the link to the discussion page and note your reason for removal.
- 1 General Information
- 2 Units
- 3 Campaign Elements
- 4 Battle Map
- 5 Scripting
- 6 UI
- 7 Miscellaneous
- 8 Lore Reference
- 9 See Also:
- Official CA Warscape Modding Tips by CA
- Where to Start Guide by CA
- Tutorial - Getting Started - Modding for Newbies - by Commissar Caligular
- Tutorial - Warhammer Modding Tutorial(s) - by Magnar - link to video
Mod Set-up and Launching
Tools used across multiple aspects of the game:
- Tool - Assembly Kit Terry - by CA
- Tool - Rusted PackFile Manager (RPFM) - by Frodo45127
- Tool - Pack File Manager (PFM) - by daniu
- Tool - SaveParser - Editor for Total War savegames - by RoninX2807 - for all Warscape games
Please note, the types of units that can be added to Warhammer are restricted by the game EULA.
Getting Units in Game
- Tutorial - Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding - by Sebidee - includes; getting your unit into game, variant editing, retexturing, unit cards, recruitment etc
- Answer - How to Create a New Unit - by Mooncabbage - explanation of involved tables
- Resource - Sebidee's Unit Modding Template (Warhammer 2) - by Sebidee
- Tool - RMeditor - by phazer - extract models and animations, find and unpack textures, edit texture paths inside .rigid_model_v2 files, render models - for all Warscape games
- Resource - Various retextures - modders resource - by kelembribor21
- Tool - DDSConverter - by DiegoDelaVega - converts DX10 BC1 through BC3 textures to DX9 DXTn formats
- Tool - RigidModel NotePad - by phazer - edit .dds file names+folders inside .rigid_mode_v2 files, safely and fast!
- Tool - Easy Rigid Editor (for texture links) - by Der_Spaten - included in RPFM
Unit Stats and Abilities
- Tutorial - Adding and creating new unit bulletpoints - by Matmannen
- Answer - Changing Cavalry Unit Sizes - by Tarsus999
- Resource - TotalWar Warhammer - Unit Stats Table - by RoninX2807 - based on game version: 1.3.0 and DLCs
- Tutorial - How to add a custom siege map to the campaign by Der_Spaten
- Resource - Community Battle Map Best Design Practices by CA
- Answer - Guide to get the unrestricted camera for beginners - by Turumba - for all Warscape games
- Resource - Warhammer Information Thread Index - by PaulH - Index to the Information Threads for Potential New Units
- Resource - Empire images for modders - by AL890
- Warhammer Tools, Tutorials and Resources sub-forum on TWC where most of the tutorials and resources listed above are hosted.
- Warhammer I & II Mod Workshop on TWC to ask any questions not covered in the tutorials section.
|Total War Modding|
Indexes to Tools, Tutorials & Resources by Game: