Useful Modding Programs
From TWC WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This is a list of useful programs that can be used in modding. It was originally created by -apocalypsis- here. The software on this page is free to use or has a free version unless otherwise noted. If a link goes down, is invalid/harmful or otherwise no longer useful, please correct it! Likewise, if there's a useful tool that generally helps in modding Total War, feel free to suggest/add it.
For lists of tools, tutorials and more developed by members of the TW community (including for individual games), please see the Modding Portal.
You may also be interested in a list of Upload Sites.
- Clickteam Install Creator - Creates an Installer for your mod
- Inno Setup
2D Image Editing
- Gimp - 2D image editor
- Photoshop - NOT FREE
- Paint Shop Pro - NOT FREE
- Photoshop Elements - An inexpensive little brother of Photoshop - NOT FREE
3D Graphics Editing
- 3D Studio Max - NOT FREE. Necessary for Modelling Rome: Total War.
- Blender - Used for modelling in Medieval II: Total War.
- Milkshape 3D - Not free. Used for modelling Medieval II: Total War.
- FRAPS - Screen capture program (Video/Picture)
- suggestions or additions are welcome!