Clouds Across Europe
|Clouds Across Europe|
|Platform||Medieval II: Total War|
|Forum / Thread||Here|
The Clouds Across Europe mod aims to enhance Medieval 2: Total War by making it more historically accurate and fun to play. Just like the original game, CAE is centered on Europe and takes place on a modified vanilla map. It covers the period from 1080 to 1530 AD. The mod features new factions, units, missions and much more.
- CAE adds six new factions: The Shahdom of Khwarezm, Wallachia, Lithuania, The Kingdom of Jerusalem, The Caliphate of the Abbasids and the Teutonic Order.
- The Mongols are now Pagan and playable.
- All the vanilla MTW2 factions are included in the mod.
The mod features a modified version of the M2TW map with seven additional regions. Furthermore, the regions now have new historical names.
Traits and Ancillaries
- The mod's traits and ancillaries are based on a modified Blood Broads & Bastards v2.0.
- Five new ranks and titles are available for the Teutonic Order.
- New Islamic Princesses for the factions The Turks, Moors and Egypt.
- New secret guild Order of the Dragon which enable the player to train elite knights.
- A Patriarch is available from the Huge Orthodox Cathedral for Byzantine players.
- The Russian faction Bishops have the chance to become Patriarch if they have a piety of at least seven.
- Eras system that enables units according to Early, High and Late periods of the medieval age.
- Recruitable generals available from citadels.
- Historical and famous faction leaders for the new factions.
- Optional to remove the Teutons family tree and make them more like the militaristic order they were.
- The economical system was tweaked and enables the factions to be richer.
- Paganism is introduced as an additional religion with temples for Lithuania and the Mongols.
- Leader: Zephrelial
- Helpers: Gazi Husrev Beg (suggestions), SirPaladin (Wallachia suggestions and info; faction symbols), Hans Kloss (new textures and mesh for Teutonic Knights, help with sound problems), EzE (Fixed the aphna channel problem of the dragon knights unitcard), Tadrzeuli (Georgian faction info), Ieuano (Teutonic Rank system) SpaceUnion and Raven Darkwing for skinning, modelling and meshing help