Erich von Manstein
|Erich von Manstein|
|Badges/Staff Roles:||Civitate, Moderator|
Erich von Manstein (formerly known as "Manstein16") joined Total War Center in October 2004, following the release of Rome: Total War. With the exception of a few brief reappearances, he was largely absent from the site until December 2006, following the release of Medieval 2: Total War. He spent nearly 5 months on Staff as first a moderator and later an administrator. On the 20th of July Manstein expressed his wishes to focus more on his personal life; however, on the 26th of September he announced his candidacy for the vacant Speaker of the House position. On the 24th of October he was elected to the position, rejoining Hex after a 3 month break. He remained in the position for six months but did not seek a third term. On the 7th of January he responded to a request by Seneca to help clean up the Political Mudpit and rejoined Staff as a junior moderator following a 6 month break.
- In January 2007, following the buyout of TWC by imb39, Manstein was nominated for the rank of Citizen by Simetrical and was elected one week later.
- On February 28, 2007, Manstein was made a tribunos. He was ratified by the Curia a few weeks later.
- On March 19, 2007, he was voted the Fastest Rising Newb and was the runner-up in the Best Debater category for 2006.
- On April 3, 2007, he was nominated for the Patrician rank by the Black Prince and was elected one week later.
- On April 10, 2007, he was made a strategos.
- On April 11, 2007, he was made a temporary Councillor of the CdeC; he was voted in on May 27.
- On April 15, 2007 he was made Deputy Chief of Moderation.
- On May 5, 2007, he replaced Soren as Chief of Moderation.
- On July 20, 2007, he resigned as Chief of Moderation.
- On October 24, 2007, he was elected Speaker of the House.
- On January 7, 2008, he rejoined Staff as a junior moderator.
EvM's methods of moderating have been labeled by some to be "draconian", particularly after he suspended both Professor420 (later commuted by Soren) and Ferrets54 in the same two-week period. He has also been criticized for his inability to ignore his more zealous attackers during his tenure as Chief of Moderation, a shortcoming he has readily admitted to.
- During his last 24 hours as Chief of Moderation in July 2007 he handed out 12 infractions, a record he later broke by handing out 13 infractions in his first 8 hours back on Staff in January 2008.
- He has also IP-banned 1/8th of all of Romania.
|This article is about a member of TWC, members are usually responsible for updating their own pages as they wish, therefore the information shown may not be up-to-date.|
For current staff list see here. For current citizens list see here.