The Scriptorium is the place where the Total War Center's most popular and well-written articles are stored. In the case you are in need of an article for a bit of research, or are just looking for a good read, then this is the where you'll find what you want. Anything you can think of; articles related to History, the Real World, the Total War Games, Modding, Science, and just about everything you can think of are included in the Scriptorium. Articles are subdivided into catalogues, where you can find all articles of one topic or genre. The Scriptorium also hosts two writing competitions one during the winter and one during the summer.
A couple of samples from recent additions are shown below to whet your appetite:
Karak Norn Clansman's "A Summary of the Silmarillion in Pictures";
- Silmarillion is a great book, though quite biblically ponderous and sadly clinically free from humour. Skilled script writers could make several outstanding movies, or even a TV-series based on its many episodic stories. It's black and white (though the Fëanoreans are more greyscale characters) and all about big cosmic clashes. No funny little stories there, but epic battles and doomsday at the end of two ages, with vast swathes of lands drowned under the sea. Greed reigns supreme and trusts are broken.
- Read more here
Stavroforos's "Tourism in Roman Greece";
- Since the destruction of Corinth in 146BC, Greece had been a tourist destination for Roman elites. It was not until the 1st and 2nd Centuries, with the lands of the Mediterranean secured and subdued by the Roman Empire that tourists would arrive to Greece in droves. The main attractions were the places of the classical period and of mythological legend, and Roman tourists would have been led to these places by ancient travel guides, of which apparently existed many, but our only full surviving copy is Pausanias’ Description of Greece. Fittingly enough, two of the major attractions during a Roman’s visit to Greece were the two major rivals of Classical Greece, Athens and Sparta.
- Read more here
- The Catalogue Pt. 1: The Total War World
- The Catalogue Pt. 2: The Real World
- The Catalogue Pt. 3: Modding Tools and Resources
- The Catalogue Pt. 4: Computers and Games
- The Catalogue Pt. 5: History
- The Catalogue Pt. 6: The Utmost Contributors
- The Catalogue Pt. 7: Competition Winners
- The Catalogue Pt. 8: Total War Center Content Publications
Librarians decide on the content of the Scriptorium and are the general custodians of the archives of TWC. As such, they are constantly looking around the forums in search of good articles, worthy of submission to The Scriptorium. They also regularly discuss the functioning of the Library, its structure, policy, and potential improvements. In addition, librarians administer the Scriptorium writing competitions. Listed below are the Current and the Former Librarians:
|Former Chief Librarians|